Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Cholesterol 1, Tim 1, Diabetes 0

After a recent conversation with my brother i found out both of my parents are on medicine for high cholesterol. This conversation arose because he was telling me he recently discovered that he too has high cholesterol. Genetics being what they are, i decided i might want to get checked as well. I also got checked for diabetes as it also runs in my father's family.

The results:

- In your face diabetes! i win!
- Stupid cholesterol! i loose!

So i have high cholesterol. The good news is that diabetes would have altered my sweet tea drinking schedule. Cholesterol will just mess with everything else. Oddly enough, i can live with that.

So, Cholesterol, now that your friend diabetes is out of the way, it's just you and me. The way i see it, you may have been wining before, but i didn't even know about it. But it's on now!

5 comments:

Ezekiel James said...

way to give the diabetes the ole kick in the crotch.

the only downfall of you not having diabetes is that I can't give my 2nd favorite all time pick up line...

because...

a) you don't have diabetes
and...
b)I'm not gay.

Michael.Rollins said...

I'm terrified to even ask this, but what is your 2nd favorite pickup line, "Alejandro"?

Ezekiel James said...

I would be remiss if I didn't tell you it is a direct quote of the one and only Gob Bluth via a television series called 'Arrested Development':

"If you didn't adult onset diabetes I wouldn't mind giving you a little sugar"

you'll have to ask the hennigan himself what my all time #1 favorite pick up line is. It is deemed extremely inappropriate. You'll love it.

-Alejandro

Inkwasbetter said...

Sufice it to say, "Alejandro's" favorite pick up line is, in fact inappropriate. It's the kind of thing a sailor would slap a woman for saying to him in a bar.

Imagine how a lady would react were it to be said to her.

Ezekiel James said...

I just pictured a sailor slapping a woman for using a dirty pick up line on him. That just rocked my world. I love it.